With the summer produce starting to pop up in markets around town, I’ve been loving all of the fruit lately. Sweet cherries, strawberries, and peaches have been my favorite. Nature’s candy is the best!
So naturally with all of my fruit consumption in recent weeks, I had to make fruit dip. Dipping fruit into a decadent tasting dip is one of my favorite desserts, especially when it’s healthy like today’s recipe!
I’ve been making a lot of cake batter recipes lately, including a few batches of energy bites, smoothies, and now, this fruit dip. I also think that cake batter cookies may be in my baking future.
To get that cake batter flavor, I combined cashew butter with shredded coconut, maple syrup, vanilla dairy-free yogurt, vanilla extract and cashew milk.
This dip is easy to make, making it a perfect party dessert. In fact, it probably takes 5 minutes total to whip it up. First, combine the cashew butter and shredded coconut in a food processor and pulse for a few minutes until it’s mostly smooth. There will be a bit of coconut shreds in the dip, which gives it some texture.
Then, add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is combined well. Pour the dip into a small serving bowl, surround the dip with fruit, and you’re ready to go.
This cake batter dip pairs perfectly with berries, apple slices, banana, or whatever fruit you fancy.
I threw some birthday cake sprinkles on top for some flair – totally not necessary, but it adds a color pop!
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 5 oz container of vegan vanilla yogurt (use regular if you don't mind the dairy)
- ¼ cup cashew milk
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, optional
- Combine the cashew butter and shredded coconut in a food processor. Pulse for a few minutes until mostly smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Add in the yogurt, cashew milk, maple syrup and vanilla, and process again until everything is combined well.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish, and top with sprinkles if using.
- Refrigerate the dip until it's ready to be eaten. Enjoy with your favorite fruit!
Tell me… What’s your favorite fruit or veggie lately?