At the beginning of each new year, I constantly find myself entertaining thoughts of ”firsts.” Yesterday was my first hike of 2013 (and Adam and Harley’s too!). Now that I’m getting over this energy zapping cold (WOOHOO!!), today I had my first gym session of the year. And a few days ago, I whipped up my first pancake recipe of 2013:
These pancakes are full of goodness — blueberries high in antioxidants, bananas loaded with potassium, and fiber-full oats. I topped them with a bit of drizzled honey, which added the perfect touch to these fluffy pancakes.
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ medium banana
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ TBSP baking powder
- A sprinkle of salt
- Puree the almond milk and oats in a blender or food processor.
- Add the banana, flour, baking powder, and a sprinkle of salt and puree for about 15 seconds more.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes. In the meantime, heat a large saute pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Spoon batter into the pan, forming 4 medium pancakes. Evenly spread blueberries onto the pancakes, gently pushing them into the batter. Optional: Keep a bunch of blueberries aside for garnish on top.
- Cook until lightly browned on each side, around 5 minutes each.
- Top pancakes with honey, butter, syrup, or whatever you desire.
I’m definitely going to keep these in mind to make again the next time I get a pancake craving!