This Friday night in my household is totally relaxed. I am still under the weather with an upper respiratory thing, and my hubby had a tooth pulled earlier today, so we both felt like being couch potatoes. Our evening has consisted of me making us a dinner of homemade tomato soup, getting some fro yo, and now we’re currently watching a college football game. Even Harley’s joining in on the laziness and has been snoozing. Between a workout first thing this AM, work, a long walk with Harley, and physical therapy while feeling crappy, I think I’ve earned some chill time tonight!
Before officially moving forward from the holidays, I want to share one final dessert I made during Christmastime – chocolate bark with pistachios and dried cranberries:
Next time I make these, I’m definitely going to use regular dark chocolate instead of bittersweet. It’s a personal preference, but I like dark chocolate the best. The recipe is below!
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 TSP freshly grated orange zest
- 24 oz bittersweet/dark chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Toss pistachios, cranberries, and orange zest in a bowl.
- Melt 18 oz chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (You can also microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments instead). Stir often with a spatula so it melts evenly.
- Remove chocolate from heat, then stir in remaining 6 oz chocolate, mixing until thoroughly melted and smooth.
- Add ½ of the pistachio mixture to the chocolate and stir well.
- Quickly scrape the chocolate onto the baking sheet, using the spatula to spread it to an even ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle the remaining pistachio mixture on top, gently pressing it into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate uncovered just until set, 30-45 minutes.
- Flip the baking sheet over onto a large cutting board. Remove the baking sheet and peel the tin foil off. Using a knife, cut into 2 to 3-inch chunks of bark.