I spent a couple of hours this evening volunteering at the Humane Society, and got to play with some pretty adorable dogs. Getting good pictures of puppies is a nearly impossible task:
Such sweet little puppies!
Moving onto food, today I’m sharing all of my eats for the day:
My breakfast today was packed with a ton of vitamins and nutrients:
I’m keeping up with my green juice a day!
A few hours later when my stomach was growling, I threw together this salad:
In the Mix:
- Radicchio lettuce mix
- A serving of Gardein mandarin orange crispy chick’n
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 TSP sesame seeds
- 1/2 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/2 TBSP rice vinegar
Adam and I went mountain biking late this afternoon. Post-workout, I whipped up this dinner really quick:
Lately I’ve been putting chickpeas in everything. Today I decided to pair some with brown rice and tomatoes. I’ve also had a thing for marinated artichoke hearts recently, so naturally I added them into the mix, then I drizzled olive oil and red wine vinegar in to give the dish some extra flavor.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (130 g), drained and rinsed
- 1⅓ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop artichoke hearts and tomatoes.
- Pour rice into a large bowl. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Drizzle olive oil and red wine vinegar evenly into the mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine.
- Divide evenly into 2 bowls and enjoy.
Lastly, tonight I snacked on a Greek yogurt + a peanut butter & oats bar:
It was a really healthy day of eating!
I’ll leave you with some food for thought:
”How would your life be different if…You were conscious about the food you ate, the people you surround yourself with, and the media you watch, listen to, or read? Let today be the day…You pay attention to what you feed your mind, your body, and your life. Create a nourishing environment conducive to your growth and well-being today.” – Steve Maraboli